In addition to developing corporate sustainability strategies for businesses, Paul has had the responsibility of ensuring corporate compliance and promoted voluntary reporting on a variety of environment, sustainability and governance issues.
This has included:
- Managing the environmental management system for companies and ensure accreditation to the ISO 14001 standard;
- Managing compliance to the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) and the Energy Efficiency Opportunities Scheme (ESOS);
- Ensuring accreditation to the collaborative working standard BS11000.
- As a Trustee of the Balfour Beatty Charitable Trust Fund, Paul oversaw annual reporting to the Charity Commission, as well as working with its charity partners.
- At WSP Group Paul maintained company membership of the FTSE4Good.
- At Article 13 Ltd, Paul oversaw membership including annual reporting that demonstrated compliance to the United Nations Global Compact principles.
- Working with financial directors and company secretaries Paul has provided environment and sustainability information for the annual accounts and reports, and disclosure on corporate websites.
- Paul has managed the submission of evidence to continue membership to various schemes and umbrella groups, such as Business in the Community, and the Considerate Constructors Scheme.